Asbestos FenceIf your asbestos fencing is broken or beginning to wear, it is essential to have it safely removed by qualified asbestos removalists. Rapid Asbestos Removals are fully licenced and trained to carry out asbestos fence removal throughout Perth.
Asbestos fence removal Perth
At Rapid, we are qualified to remove asbestos-containing fences as part of our residential asbestos removal and commercial asbestos removal projects. If you own a property in Perth, asbestos fence removal is likely a service you will require.
The original corrugated asbestos fence was by SuperSix manufactured between the 1950s to 1985. Once asbestos was discovered as dangerous, a new non-asbestos fence came out called Hardifence.
The trouble is these two fences look similar, so it difficult to tell if they contain asbestos or not. If your home or office building was built before the 1990s, it is recommended you hire a professional to carry out an asbestos inspection to determine if asbestos removal and asbestos disposal is required.
Asbestos fence removal pricing
Prices and quotes are subject to site inspection to gauge access, transit paths, heights, and degree of difficulty.
Price starts from:
Frequently asked questions
If your asbestos fence is damaged, particularly if parts are broken, it will need to be removed. Disturbed asbestos fibres are dangerous to inhale.
Asbestos fence removal should only be carried out by a qualified asbestos removal company.
- Have the fence tested for asbestos fibres.
- Assess the condition of the fence. If damaged the fence must be removed.
- Barricade the site with warning signs and barriers.
- Employ safety equipment and clothing.
- Wet the asbestos fence sheets. As the fence is dug out, continue to wet the sheets.
- Wrap the sheets in certified asbestos plastic wrap and tape.
- Safely transport asbestos fence to an asbestos waste disposal facility.
If you think your fence could be asbestos some signs it could be are:
- if your house was built before 1990, there is a likely chance it could have an asbestos fence, or other asbestos-containing material throughout the property like asbestos roofs, asbestos walls & eaves.
- Count the ridges. While not completely accurate fences with 7 ridges could be an asbestos-containing fence. If you are unsure, hire a qualified asbestos removal company to carry out an asbestos inspection.
- Check for metal capping at the top. Metal cappings are present on Hardifences to keep the sheets together. Asbestos fences used fibre cement capping to keep the sheets together.
If an asbestos fence is in good condition it is relatively harmless. However, if the fence is damaged due to activities like home repairs, renovation or demolition, the asbestos fibres could become airborne. In this case, hire a qualified asbestos removal company to inspect the fence.
For asbestos fence removal from Rapid Asbestos Removals, prices start from $65 per sheet, with a minimum total cost of $850 +GST.
Need a certified asbestos removal contractor?
Here at Rapid Asbestos Removals, we are committed to getting the job done to the highest possible standard and charge competitive pricing for all our services. We understand that asbestos is a dangerous material and you only want the most qualified and experienced company to carry out the work.